Recruitment, Retention and Mobilization Workshop For Non-Profit Leadership
Kansas City, MO
Member Price: $65
Recruitment, Retention and Mobilization:
Realizing the Potential of a Dynamic Board
A Workshop for Leaders and Executives of Nonprofit Organizations
The National Association of Corporate Directors Heartland Chapter is pleased to offer NACD Members in the Heartland Chapter Region an opportunity to attend the UMKC Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership Workshop being held on Wednesday, April 26 in Kansas City.
These are paradoxical times for nonprofit organizations and their boards. More than ever, boards are being recognized for their value and importance to organizational impact and success. Yet our boards are more challenged than ever. There is a lot of competition for time and talent, and the challenge of recruiting, retaining, engaging and mobilizing a diverse and sophisticated team of people who can make a significant difference is greater too. Even the best of boards tell us it’s difficult to find and keep the people that they most need!
We invite you to join us for this timely and engaging workshop to learn, share ideas, and discuss with colleagues how we can make the most of a new generation of nonprofit boards. We will present the results of the new national survey of nonprofit executives and board leaders by BoardSource, and discuss how this information might inform our work in Kansas City. And we will share and discuss the implications of information about how nonprofit governing boards across the US are redesigning the ways they are organized, how they are developing their members and leaders, and engaging and mobilizing their members to truly achieve impact.
The afternoon program will be presented in three segments:
- “Lessons from Across America: Key Insights from the 2017 BoardSource Report, Leading with Intent.” BoardSource chief governance officer, Vernetta Walker, will release the results of their most recent national survey of nonprofit boards, and we will discuss what we might learn from the survey’s insights.
- “Shaking Things Up! Attracting a New Generation of Members and Leaders to Board Service.” Building on the insights of the BoardSource report, this session will invite us to take a targeted and critical look at the some of the many creative and successful ways that nonprofit organizations in Kansas City attract and mobilize the board talent they need. Midwest Center director, David Renz, will facilitate this session and encourage us to explore options for the ways that dynamic boards bring the right people to the table – and then succeed in retaining them, engaging them, and mobilizing them.
- Part Three of the session will feature a panel of experienced board leaders, from Kansas City and beyond, who will share insights and discuss what they’ve learned as they work to grow the impact of their boards – including how to attract and engage Millennial and Generation X leaders on boards.
This program features two leading experts in the field of nonprofit boards and governance as facilitators:
- Vernetta Walker, JD, Vice President of Programs and Chief Governance Officer, BoardSource
- David Renz, Ph.D., Director, Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership at UMKC
For any problems with registration, please contact Sharon Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Sponsored in Partnership with
UMKC Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership
Henry W. Bloch School of Management
Location and Time
Bruce R. Watkins Cultural Heritage Center
3700 Blue Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64130
1:30 to 5:00pm