2:30pm - 3:00pm | Registration
3:00pm - 5:00pm | Director Presentation & Roundtable
5:00pm - 7:00pm | Reception
Spring Director Roundtable
Co-hosted by NACD Heartland Chapter and KPMG
Dramatic change, disruption, and uncertainty continue to shake up long-held strategic assumptions and require an ever-sharper focus on what’s ahead. Developing a vivid picture of the future—what will the business and industry look like in one, three, five or more years out? —is essential today as companies consider how that future will impact strategy.
To that end, KPMG’s Spring Director Roundtable Series will explore:
- The forces reshaping the business and risk landscape – from economic and geopolitical uncertainty, technological innovation and the digital economy, and demographic changes, to investor demands for greater diversity, corporate purpose, and long-term strategy.
- How boards can help the company envision the future and engage in quality discussions to evaluate the strategy, including:
- Setting expectations for the board’s engagement in strategy
- Adjusting the setup and staging of board strategy discussions – number of meetings, agenda, information requirements – to drive the right focus and dynamics
- Challenging strategic assumptions and including diverse views
- Monitoring critical alignments – strategy and risk management, key performance indicators, controls and incentives, culture, and talent – as the strategy changes.
Who should attend
Board directors, C-level and other executives who often interact with the board.
Continuing education credits
This program qualifies for continuing professional education (CPE) credits, although state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits. For purposes of CPE credits, this course is classified as an update on key challenges and leading practices for board directors and audit committee members and is eligible for two to three credits. For questions regarding CPE credits for this program, please contact us at email@example.com.Venue
St. Louis Club
7701 Forsyth Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63105